Wednesday, November 21, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas


Well, not really. At least not here in Edinburgh (although I did hear that Ottawa had it's first snowfall recently!). Edinburgh's version of looking like Christmas is when the German Christmas Market starts to get set up in the Princes St. Gardens and the Ferris Wheel goes up. The lighting ceremony for the Christmas lights is tomorrow night and I cannot wait! I have been getting really excited about this time of year here for a long time and it's finally here (almost). I cannot wait to eat the food at the German Christmas Market. I have terrific memories of it from the last time I lived here. And, there are all kinds of free events on too - I will have lots to do over the next month!

I found out this week that I have a flat to move into! I can't wait. It's been good staying at the hostel for the most part, but sharing a room with 13 other girls is starting to grate a little on the nerves. Particularly, when it comes to sleeping as everyone has different schedules and I appear not to be the heaviest of sleepers. Ah, but soon I will be experiencing the joy of a big comfy double bed and an entire room all to myself once again. It's a two bedroom flat in Morningside. As many of you know, I have lived in that area before. It's considered to be the "posh" area of Edinburgh with many millionares living here (Including famous the authors Ian Rankin and J.K. Rowling!). Yep, I just might run into them at the local supermarket. :)

No real big trips planned in the near future, although I am hoping to head to North Berwick tomorrow if the weather clears (it's been raining all day today, for the first time since I moved here). I have had friends visiting from Bangor, Wales, and Newcastle, England during the past few weeks. It's been great fun seeing everyone again and catching up.

Back to the Christmas theme - is it too early to start sending my Christmas cards? I am in the spirit and feeling the need to pass it on! I am almost done of my Christmas shopping and I want to wrap gifts, send cards, and decorate my flat. (Although maybe I should wait until I move in there!). Anyway, I am moving in next week, so, if you'd like the address give me a shout!

Miss you lots! XOXO

No comments: