Friday, April 11, 2008

France Anyone?

I received some excellent news this week – I have been selected to be one of a team of 4 to head to the Ardeche, France to work doing Field Studies for about two weeks over April/May. I am pretty excited about this because I have only been working for the company for about two months and it’s usually pretty unlikely that a “newbie” would be selected over a returner to do something like this. It’s definitely a vote of confidence for me (and just a little bit of pressure as well, since I will need to be really good at what I do!). I received an info pack with a whole lot of background reading to do, prior to departure. Oh yeah, another cool thing is that we will be driving to France from my centre along the south coast of England and since it’s such a long drive it turns out we “have” to stay in Paris for the night. Oh, well . . . I suppose I can tough it out for just the one night! :)

There are only two schools coming to do sessions over those two weeks. They’re both English schools, so I don’t have to worry too much about perfecting my French skills for them. We’ll providing sessions on river studies, doing urban comparisons between two towns which have varying impacts from tourism, and finally (and perhaps the most exciting!) doing a gorge walk. From the pictures I’ve seen, it looks really beautiful there and I am really looking forward to this new challenge!

No comments: