Monday, June 16, 2008

Last Chance for England

Tonight, my fate was sealed. There was a brief moment in time where there was a chance that I would be staying in England because I was offered an interview for the position of Assistant Chief Instructor. I decided to go for it because it would give me the opportunity to expand a lot of the skills I have now. Unfortunately (or perhaps thankfully?) I didn’t get the job. Therefore, I am definitely returning to Scotland. In fact, by this time next week I will be in "home".

I am not entirely sure how I feel about not getting the job. In some ways it is good, because, in the long-term I do not doubt that I would want to return to Scotland anyway, but in other ways, it would have been so much easier to have a new job a place to live down here, because, at the moment I am homeless, jobless, and penniless. Life will certainly be an adventure the next few months! I really hope that everything works out over the next few months.

My last day of work is Friday and I cannot wait! From there I will spending a few days in London before taking the train up to Edinburgh. Wish me luck with everything!

No comments: