Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Canada Bound! (Fingers crossed anyway)

Today, I made the big announcement. I waited until everyone from work (well, everyone that was here and available, which totaled 5 people, 2 of which already knew) was gathered around our conference table for our "weekly" (read: once in a blue moon) staff meeting. I didn't want a fuss made, as I didn't feel it would be genuine, but I admit I did expect some sort of reaction. I laid my cards on the table by stating:

"It's my intention to return to university in September to pursue my teaching degree, so there will be some upcoming changes to the education department here"

The response. Silence. Seriously, no one even said congratulations or what uni are you going to or anything! My boss already knew, so I wasn't completely dropping the bomb on everyone at the table, but still people could pretend a little bit. I so can't wait to go back to people who are socially normal! Wee Northern Irish village - you have been a struggle (and a half!)

3 months to go and so much to do!

No comments: