Thursday, October 25, 2007

Wee Update

Week Two of this new crazy journey is quickly coming to an end and I have to say I have accomplished quite a bit! First of all - all the money issues are basically straightened out. I still have to sign an affidavit (I have no idea how to spell that correctly) about the fraud that occurred on my card and sort out the fact that I actually do not owe that money. but otherwise, I am in a good position.

The best news is that I got a job! I am working at a bookstore/tacky tourist shop called The Works (formerly known as Bookworld for all of you who know it as that) on Princes St. which is probably the second most popular street for tourists here, behind the Royal Mile. My friend and former flatmate, Vanessa, used to work there when I lived here the last time, so when I came over I actually had it in mind as a place to work. It's actually a good thing I got the job too because it was the only place I applied! I put my application in last Thursday, got a call for an interview on Friday, had my interview on Monday and two hours later I was hired. Not too bad, I don't think. It's actually the perfect job for me right now - 28 hrs a week only, so that I have enough money to pay my bills and still have time to do some volunteer work. I start volunteering next Tuesday with the British Trust for Conservation Volunteers, which should be pretty interesting. I have a terrible cold right now though (I've actually lost most of my voice) so I desperately hope it to be recovered by Tuesday!

Oh, if anyone would like my address and mobile number send me an email so that I can update you! I miss you guys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

arr, blogger lost my comment! wankers.

Anyway, I think it said something to the effect of "You're amamzing, I love you, let's get married, Stelllllllllllaaaaaaaa!" In a nutshell.

Glad things are going well! I keep meaning to drop you a line but I had a ridiculously busy time at work lately but it's better now. I'm glad you'll still be able to hook me up with some cheap souvenirs come May/June ! ;) (hopefully I can make it over!)

heart Jen

Kathleen said...

Awww, Jen - I love you too! I hope you're doing well and that your conference went great. You simply MUST come back here as well this summer. I heard the plans for NYC fell through! That's terrible news, but perhaps better given the reputation of the company.