Saturday, May 17, 2008

Aberdeen


To get to Aberdeen, it took a lot of public transport. First, a bus to the trainstation in Weymouth. From there a train to London. Then a tube journey to another train station in London. Then another train . . . this time to the airport. Then, a shuttle bus to the actual airport. Then a plane to Aberdeen. And finally, a taxi to my hotel. It was a long day on Thursday! I started my journey at 8:30am and ended it at 7:30 pm. I am quite happy it is over!!! But, I have to do the same journey in reverse today . . . gulp. The journey from Weymouth to Aberdeen is only ~594miles! Click here to see a map (A = Weymouth; B = Aberdeen).

I came to Aberdeen for a job interview. It is a job that I would really love, but I am not sure how things went in the interview . . . it's always so hard to judge these things! There were 8 people interviewed and there are actually two positions. My roommate from my current job was also interviewed for the same position! The interview itself involved quite a few things, a written component, a presentation, and then the interview itself (which included having to interpret, i.e. describe, an onion!). I really hope I get it, but I will now just have to wait and see. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the week.

It would be great to be back in Scotland!

No comments: