Monday, May 26, 2008

The Latest


I have done something that is potentially very foolhardy . . . I have quit my job here and I have no idea what I will be doing in a month's time! Eek! I didn't get the job in Aberdeen . . . well, at least they have offered it to someone else and they are currently waiting to hear back from that person. I am a bit down about that, but everything always happens for a reason. Anyway, I basically decided that it was still time to move on from here and to move back to Scotland. The plan, as I currently see it is to go back to part-time retail and do some volunteer work to make contacts and get more experience in Scotland. A lot of the jobs I really find interesting require a car, and the reality is that if I keep working at my current job I will not be able to put together enough cash to get a car for some time to come. At my old retail job in Edinburgh I made twice as much as I do now and worked 4 days a week instead of 6. Anyway, while I am still not sure if this is the best decision in the world, I guess time will tell!!!

2 comments:

bwestcott said...

It'll be good to have you back in Edinburgh for the summer!
-B

Kathleen said...

Cheers, Brian! How long are you there until?