Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Day the Bank Died

That’s right ladies and gentlemen . . . . the mighty Bank of Scotland (and all its associations: Halifax, etc), turned out not to be very strong in the current economy and had to be BAILED OUT by Lloyds TSB (a competitor bank) before COMPLETELY collapsing. I can still get out money which is good, but it is seriously making me think about how safe the banking industry really is. And it makes me sad to know that the Bank of Scotland is no more. Just like Bookworld. Hmmmmm – I wonder if Andy banks there? (Ali, you’ll understand that one!)

4 comments:

Jen said...

I still have 8 pounds in my Bank of Scotland account!! Prob not worth the price of a transfer to get it out :P

Kathleen said...

lol No, not quite . . . it'll coast you a grand total of £19 to transfer money! But, when you come to visit, that money will come in handy for a couple of pints! ;)

Anonymous said...

I actually owe the Bank of Scotland money (their fault). Maybe I'm the reason they've gone under?!?!

Kathleen said...

Vanessa! It's all your fault . . . and here I was blaming Andy. Shocking! Shameful! We can no longer be friends I am afraid . . .

;)