Monday, December 07, 2009

Christmas Trees

Last week I set up my Christmas tree for the first time in Northern Ireland. It's just a wee tree that the BBC left behind when they were doing some filming and using my place as a back drop. What was really nice about this year's tree was that I got to use my very own decorations (the ones that I had in Canada) for the first time since I moved to the UK. It was nice to see all those decorations that reminded me of people:

There was an angel with a bell on it, which reminded me of my friend Shannon. She gave me and Vanessa similar decorations for our first Christmas in Edinburgh, where we hosted Christmas in our flat and had a rule about our tree (who we called Veronica) that we couldn't buy any decorations ourselves - they had to be borrowed, given, found or stolen . . .

Baby's First Christmas - I am proud to say that I still have my very first Christmas ornament and that it made it safe and sound all the way from Canada!

Edinburgh 2004 decoration - reminds me of my time in Edinburgh, of course, and all the good people I met then!

A friendship heart from Lori - it's good to know who your friends are!

Hand-made decorations from both grandmothers. They're so lovely to see every year and are definitely items that I want to keep for many years to come.

An angel from my mom, which obviously reminds me of her and also my grandfather.

I can't believe how quickly Christmas is coming this year. I just received another gift in the post today and I am looking forward to putting it under my tree! I will struggle not to open it until Christmas though . . . it's so hard!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

My angel and bell have a prominent spot on our tree as well!!