Sunday, December 30, 2007

Another Year, Another Move


Tomorrow is New Years Eve. My time here has definitely gone by quickly. I have been back in the UK for 2 and a half months now and it just doesn't feel like it. So far, it has been a good experience coming back, although I do not yet feel truely settled. I think that will come with time once I get a place to my own and a "proper" job.

Speaking of jobs . . . I have been offered a new one as a Field Studies Instructor in the South of England. It's on the coast, near Weymouth. If you're not sure where that is, but would like to find out, click HERE. In the map, "A" represents Edinburgh (where I live now), "B" represents Shrewsbury (where I will be training for two weeks), and "C" shows Osmington (where I will eventually be working). Basically I'll be working at an education/outdoor adventure centre teaching kids between the ages of 7-17 all about cool science and environmental things. That's right, I said cool. :) I will probably also help out with some of the outdoor adventure stuff, but I am not sure exactly what I will be doing and probably won't know until I begin work. In two weeks, I start training and then I will be moved down to the coast to start the job. It goes until November and then who knows where I will go after that? It's all very exciting/nervewracking/terrifying. It will definitely keep me busy though as I will be working an average of 6 days a week and 42 hours per week. I don't think I will have much time for anything else with that scedule! Oh, and the other good thing is that room and board are included! Here's to another adventure!

No comments: