Sunday, December 07, 2008

I went to the Zoo!!!

St Andrew'sDay weekend, was a frightfully cold one, but there was a lot of free stuff on, as per usual. Edinburgh Castle was free, but I'd already been there . . . .the zoo was free, and while I'd already been there too, a free opportunity to go again was hard to miss. Especially since I didn't get to see all of the animals the last time I was there. In fact, even though I spent 3 hours at the zoo on St. Andrew's Day, I still only made it to about half of the enclosures . . . it looks like I wil have to go back!

Some of my favourite animals I saw were:

African Painted Dogs

The Grey-Crowned Crane

Penguins

Pygmy Hippo
(the fence to the right only comes up to about waist height)

Rainbow Lorikeets

I got to feed them nectar as they landed on my arm!

Cotton-topped tamarin
(I know it's a blurry picture, but he's too cute!)

And when the end of the day drew near, I got to see a beautiful sunset from corstorphine hill: