Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sweden!

Lately, I have had very itchy feet - the travel bug has struck again. I don't remember the last time I went to another country for a holiday! In fact, I don't remember the last time I had a break. Sure, I went to Fort William recently, but I injured my back so badly that I can assure you it was not a relaxing vacation! So, I have been eager to travel somewhere, anywhere really, as soon as possible. However, I have been severly hampered by lack of funds.

Enter RyanAir with a brilliant sale!

I have scored flights to Stockholm, Sweden for 79pence (Roughly equivalent to $1.60) each way + tax. I think that's a pretty good deal! I've never been to Sweden or any of the nordic European countries before, so I am really looking forward to it. Tomorrow, I will need to go to Waterstones to pick up a trusty Lonely Planet to use in my adventure. I go to Stockholm in February, so it'll likely be pretty cold there still! I'm not sure how cold it really gets, but I guess I will find out. It can't be worse than Ottawa, can it?

Hopefully, RyanAir will still be alive and well in February . . . I am worried that it might go under!

If anyone has been to Stockholm and has any recommendations, I would appreciate it!

No comments: