Friday, January 09, 2009

Getting into the swing of things

A new year has started and I was DREADING going back to work. It was so nice having time off and being able to sleep in as late as I wanted to. By the end of the week, I was staying up as late as 3 or 5am - don't ask why - and sleeping in until noon. It was wonderful! But then, the harsh reality of Monday hit with my alarm going off at 6:20am!!! I had been up until 3:30 the night before, so it was a difficult morning . . . and I hadn't even started the work day yet!

My first day back was an interesting one, for sure. I ended up taking someone to Minor Injuries because they had fallen over and hurt their leg. *sensitive readers, please be warned - there are graphic details ahead* Her leg wasn't hurting so much as there was a chunk missing from it. We could see bone. And fatty tissue. It was pretty gross, but somehow my eyes couldn't seem to look away. Does that make me a bad person? Anyway, she turned out to be fine . . . just a few stitches. We never did find her missing skin though . . .

*Gruesome details over with*

I am pretty happy it's Friday as it's the weekend and that means I can sleep in for two whole days in a row! It's been a stressful week, but I felt like I was finally starting to get in the swing of things again by Thursday . . . too bad that I will have to start all over again next week. Oh, well.

I have got a few days holidays coming up and I was looking for cheap places to fly to. So far, I am considering Geneva, Switzerland; Madrid, Spain; and Paris, France. Paris is the only one I have been to before, but I love it so I think it would be totally worth going again. All these holidays need to be carefully considered as I have been quite strict on myself budget wise lately, and this would certainly be out of budget. However, last year I didn't go anywhere and I want to be a bit more adventurous this year! I hope to make some decisions over the weekend. (I have 5 weeks left until Stockholm!)

No comments: