Friday, January 02, 2009

2009

Happy New Year!!!! I am so happy that 2009 is here, as, in many ways, 2008 has been a bit . . . hmmm, what's the word I am looking for here? I know: Meh. It's had a lot of difficult times in it, but I have also met a lot of terrific people, which I will always be thankful for.

I don't expect 2009 to be all sunshine - I am sure there are more trying times ahead, as there will always be when you try to settle in a new country and embark on the beginnings of your career. There is much to consider and much to be thankful for.

Like many of my friends, I don't believe in making resolutions, per se. Rather, I prefer to make improvements on myself and new goals throughout the year. However, I do strongly feel that New Years is a fantastic time to look around you and take stock of your life, evaluating where you are and what you can improve. I have been working hard on that the past few days and I have many ideas . . . but I will keep them to myself for now! ;)

This year, my New Year's Eve was a rather quiet one - I spent it at home watching the World Juniors Hockey: Canada vs. the US. That particular game was one of the best matches of hockey I have ever seen! It was great to have a touch of home. I was also lucky that I could see all the fireworks (well, the ones that were going off from Calton Hill anyway) from my bedroom window. Long live Hogmonay!

And, most importantly, all the best to each of you for 2009. x

No comments: