Thursday, January 15, 2009

Looking forward to the weekend

What a long hard week it's been! I am not sure if I am cut out for this whole working for a living business! It's starting to get me down. There is lots of stress surrounding my jobs at the moment: two are in a bit of uncertainty as rumours are flying about that there may be lay offs/cut backs. We'll see what happens, I suppose. The other job, that I feel secure in (but maybe I'm not?) is moving house in a month and there is SO MUCH TO PACK!!!!!! I don't know what they're thinking by moving now anyway. It's practically the worst time to do it . . . well, at least it's not the most sensible time to do it. Plus, we're moving into a new building, i.e. it's not finished yet and the last I heard they were three weeks behind! Well, it'll certainly be all fun and games over the next few weeks.

Of, course I am being sarcastic.

I have two rays of light ahead: 1. A friend of mine is coming up to visit this weekend from england (yay!) so I am going to put all my work commitments aside and have a fun couple of days! This is the first weekend I have had off since . . . . oh yeah, since I tore a muscle in my back in October. Not really what you'd call a good time. Hopefully all my muscles will stay in their correct places this weekend.

2. The second thing I have to look forward to is going home in April!!!! It'll be a year and a half since I was last home so I am really looking forward to it. I am going to sort out all my stuff in storage so that I hopefully will have nothing left there. It's been draining my credit card and I need to sort out my finances. Maybe my mom will be nice and let me stash a couple of boxes at her place? Regardless, I am looking forward to seeing all my friends and family again. Except Keri, who apparently is going China without me. Typical, really. The lengths she goes to so that she can avoid me! haha :)

In other random news, I got my hair dyed red over the weekend, but I don't think I really really really like it, so I just called to see if I could get it fixed. I wanted it to be reddish brown, i.e. just a hint of red rather than the bright red it turned out to be. I have never called a hairdressers to complain before, so this was a first! But she seemed really nice about it, so hopefully everything will be fine 1 week from now. Well, either that or in sheer vengence of me calling to complain she'll dye it green and I will feel just like Anne Shirley.

I have to wait a whole two weeks to get it fixed because the colour is so bright it has to tone down before the hairdresser thinks she should redye it again. Okay, it's not really that bad - but it is bright!

No comments: