Saturday, September 29, 2007

My room is echoing!

Twenty-four hours after successfully defending my Masters I managed to complete my thesis corrections and submit my thesis along with all appropriate forms to graduate in October 2007. That’s right – I am now officially a master! . . . Well, at least of biology. It feels absolutely wonderful to have completed all of this and to be done. I am so ready for the next adventure!


I have been packing for the last few hours (it’s now
midnight here) and I can say that I am 90% there. My room now echoes, which I take as a good sign in terms of emptiness. I expect tomorrow’s move to go really smoothly, as I have managed to get rid of almost all my stuff (the rest I am donating to the Salvation Army). The move tomorrow is just a temporary one. I need to complete some things at the lab this week, before I can finally take off, so I am happy to have great friends who sometimes let me crash on their futons (in this case, thanks Karen!). So, I hopefully have only enough stuff to fit into a van which I will be renting to drive back home at some point next week. I think it will be really fun to drive back east . . . at least for the first 3-5 hours. By hour 14, I think I will be pretty happy to get back (and unpack - ugh).


The official date for the upcoming move to
Scotland is October 13th. I have two weeks and I couldn’t be happier!

No comments: