Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Scottish Weather

I have to admit that I am not sure I will be able to handle (on a full time basis no less!) the nearly total lack of sunshine in Scotland. I like the sun. I really, really do. Today in Ottawa, they expect to beat the temperature record (we'll likely reach a high of 29-30 degrees) compared to the temperature in Edinburgh right now which is a mere 12 degrees. For fun, I looked up the longterm forcast for Edinburgh and this is what it said:



Yep, cloudy and a bit on the cool side all the way. It's such a good thing that I am planning to move over just in time for winter - perfect timing on my part! :)

I will never forget what a scottish friend of mine once told me: You know how most people, when they go on holiday to some beautiful sunny destination turn from a pale white to perhaps a lovely sunburn pink? Well, the scots like to do it a bit differently. Since it's so cold there in the winter they actually have to defrost first, changing from a beautiful deep blue, to the pasty white, and then the sunburn pink. Given the complete paleness of my skin, I should fit right in!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Yay! A blog - an UPDATED blog! Good stuff. I myself am updating every five minutes these days because there's not much else to do... mind you you'll never have that problem in Edinburgh.

Good luck wrapping everything up (I hear you on the difficulties there... it's horrible every time) and see you in Scotland!

bwestcott said...

The weather hasn't been too bad here for the last two weeks... a few days of solid sunshine :)

Today it rained all day though...