Monday, August 25, 2008

Pictures from the Pentlands

Today I went for a walk in the Pentlands. I didn't really have any other purpose besides the desire to climb to the top of Caerketton Hill (~460m) and once I had accomplished that, I was happy to just meander around. It was a lovely day here in Edinburgh - sunny and warm. I even managed to get a bit of a sunburn on my face! What follows is a pictorial description of my hike:

Map of the Park

View towards city center. Arthur's Seat is to the right
and to the left you can see the Salisbury Craigs.

Caerketton Hill from below



Cairn - do you think they made it to look like Arthur's Seat on purpose? (the real Arthur's seat is in the back left)


Taking a well deserved break

Back on the path

Hmmmm - I think I would like to go over that way


Oh - another cairn!

Pretty view of the valley after "Windy Door Nick"


Heather on the hill

I walked through some fields of sheep
(This pic is for Keri!)

Looking back over the end of the trail

No comments: