Monday, August 11, 2008

A time for change

This morning I decided to do something that was perhaps a bit risky. I decided to give myself my first fringe (for north americans: bangs) in about 10-15 years. I had originally wanted to go to a professional to do it, due to how long it's been since I had fringe, but I simply cannot afford it at the moment. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands. All I needed was a pair of scissors . . . unfortunately, the only ones I could find belonged to my first aid kit. Not to worry, I thought - if it looks horrible, I am sure I can just pin them back or something.

I started to cut my hair. I ended up taking a good 3 inches off and partway through I thought to myself that I just may be making a terrible mistake! But, after I dried my hair I think it turned out pretty well. And, I've been getting compliments on it all day, which must be a good sign! Well, almost everything I heard was a compliment. My friend Andy took one look at me and said "Did someone do something to your hair?" and he followed that question swiftly with another one "Do you want me to get them for you?" :)

6 comments:

Jen said...

I love bangs/fringe! I've had 'em for most of my life save grade 6, and from 2002 - 2005. I can't believe I ever grew them out, they are much fun to have :) Congrats on your successful hair choppy chop!

Keri Shields said...

I love it....I myself also got a "fringe"...LOL...although I paid for mine:) Can't wait to see you in the new year....miss you

Kathleen said...

Hey ladies! So good to hear from both of you! I am still loving the fringe - it's a different but fun look for me. I miss you guys too. Come visit me soon!

Anonymous said...

That's too funny! Because I too just went back to the fringe (after growing them out for years).

Anne said...

I'm considering the chop.... but when I last had bangs (age, er, 12) I seem to remember constantly having them in my eyes and being annoyed. Hmmmm. still tempted to try it again, so let me know how it goes!

Kathleen said...

Hey ladies! I think it is too funny that this is likely my most commented on post. Well, thanks for the well wishes with the fringe/bangs - they are going well, although I am looking forward to getting them professionally looked after someday soon!