Sunday, July 06, 2008

Edinburgh, Week 1: Decisions, Decisions

After London, I took the train up to Edinburgh. I love taking the train so much! It's so relaxing . . . you just sit back and eventually, i.e. 4.5 hours later, you arrive. One of the best things about the King's Cross - Edinburgh trains is the view along the coast. You're not right on the coast the entire time, but when you are it's pretty spectacular. But, even that doesn't really compare to when you first catch a glimpse of Arthur's Seat in the distance as you draw nearer to Edinburgh. It really does feel like home here.

I was met at the train station and whisked away to "my" flat, where I have been lent a bed for the time being while I look for a flat. It's so nice to have a place to stay that is not a hostel!

Basically, this entire week was about making decisions. Namely, did I want to apply for jobs in England as well as Scotland? Afterall, some pretty amazing ones were currently being advertised and it's not that I don't like England . . . it's just that I really didn't like the lifestyle I was leading with my company there. Well, I thought about it all week and I think I am going to try to stay here in Scotland, at least for the next year or two. Every time I leave Scotland, I just seem to end up plotting ways to return, so now I really want to try and stay here . . . even though I currently have no job and no place to live (that's mine, that is)!

So, that was the main decision and took up most of my time. At the moment, there really isn't any jobs in my field on the go here, but I have faith that things will work out. I am hoping to do some volunteer work in my field and, at the very least, meet some contacts that way.

Til next time. x

No comments: