Sunday, July 20, 2008

Edinburgh Week 4: Where's the leaky pipe?

I don't have much to report this week, really. Time has gone by rather quickly. I'm working full-time again and I am loving the flat. I love the flat despite the fact that the day after I moved in a water pipe burst in our kitchen and we haven't been able to use the kitchen sink or washing machine since. The plumber said the floor had to be torn up to get to the pipe, so we had to get a joiner (aka carpenter) to come in to look at it. A couple of days later the plumber and joiner duo arrived. They tore up the floor and looked at the pipes and decided that the problem was actually in the wall. So, once again we had to reschedule. They're coming this week sometime and they'll probably then decide that the problem is in the ceiling. Who knows? The point is, I still love my flat. That says something I think.

Other good news - I have 4 interviews in the next three weeks for jobs! No guarantees, but at least I am getting interviews! I think that deserves a little Woohoo.

woohoo!

2 comments:

alikins said...

I think that deserves a BIG woohoo!!

Kathleen said...

Thanks, Ali! We'll see how it all goes . . .